Limitless Pixelmon 

• Dram's Ultimate Building Funtime Round 1: HOME SWEET HOME

• Talk about anything server related!
Talk about anything server related!
 #2044  by Dram

Alright, folks! There seems to be a good amount of interest in this thing, so I am going to run this first round as something of a test and see how it goes.

As mentioned in the previous thread, the theme for this round is "Home Sweet Home". Build a house, a castle, a cave - whatever you are planning on living in during these early days of the map. You are welcome and encouraged to interpret the theme however you please, and creativity will certainly be rewarded.

I'm not going to stick too many rules on the competition. Anyone is welcome to join. You can work alone, or with others. Staff members choosing to participate will not be allowed to use any spawned items, so as to keep the playing field relatively even. The builds can be of any size, but remember that you will have a time frame to finish within and that big is certainly not always better.

Build in an area that has room for expansion, so that you can add builds from future competitions to your existing plot. And don't forget to claim your land!

I will decide on prizes once I have a better idea of the number of participants.

Because of the crashes, rollbacks and number of players who have lost items, I will not be setting a date for the end of the round at the moment. I am opening the competition so that those who want to get started can do so, but I realise that some people may struggle to get much building down until the server is more stable. When I do decide on a date, I will be sure to give plenty of notice.

If you are wanting to enter the competition, be sure to let me know, either in a response to this thread or by contacting me in game. Once you are happy with your build, get in touch with me again, making sure to include the coordinates of your entry. You are welcome to provide me with screenshots of the build, though this is not necessary.

Good luck and happy building!
 #2050  by Not_A_Banana

I'll participate as a Judge if you need one, Else I just wanna peek at the buildings for fun!
Good luck with your challenge also I think PPL shouldn't win 2x in a row, Seeing as there might be "More" experienced builders.
Which will win every week, Or close to every week.
-Mod Banana
 #2057  by steeltjerepel

@not_a_banana, winning 2x in a row should be possible. I know you want to give everyone a fair chance, but a good judge looks at many things -> most likely ending up with an other winner.
The winner also depends on the subject, you can't be good in building everything.
For example, some are really good at building a single house, but can't make a nice town and vica versa.
Or are very good in building a castle, but can't make a small house, ...

Steeltjrepel