Limitless Pixelmon 

• Pixelmon Breeding guide!

• Talk about anything server related!
Talk about anything server related!
 #4440  by FurnoHeatflames

Hey Everyone!

I have seen some players on the server don't know how to breed Pokemon.Well then I decided to post a breeding guide for those that don't know how to breed Pokemon!

Getting Started!
First off you will need a "Ranch Block".A Ranch Block is a block that enables you to breed your pokemon

To craft a Ranch Block you will need a flower pot,a PC and a piston.Place them in this order:

And your done with this part,now its time for:

Environment!

Before Pokemon can breed they must be in a suitable environment within the Ranch Block's range.This can be achieved if there is a sufficient amount of blocks that are appropriate for the Pokémon's types.To make it easier to construct a suitable environment for breeding, it is possible to place the ranch block in a biome that already contains suitable blocks for the breeding Pokémon.
For more information about suitable blocks see this page:http://pixelmonmod.com/wiki/index.php?t ... nvironment

Breeding!

Now that your done constructing a suitable environment,Its time to breed pokemon!

Place 2 pokemon with different gender and is in the same egg group in the ranch block,Once They are satisfied with their environment they will love each other and they may start breeding.

But It will take time for them to breed so be patient...

These hearts will pop out when they start breeding,once they reach the red heart they will create an egg

Right click them to see how much they like each other,they breed faster if they really love each other:

Until then just wait until they make an egg,The egg contains whatever species the mother is.Lets say the mother is a larvesta,then the egg contains a lvl 1 larvesta.

Hatching Your Egg!

Now that you recieved your egg you may now hatch it! But you can only hatch it by taking enough steps.The egg will not hatch if you put it in the PC and now you can battle with it and train it like a normal pokemon!

IV!

Combined, the two parents will pass down three random IVs to their offspring. These IVs will not overlap with each other (i.e., the mother and father cannot both pass the same IV)

Thats all You need to know about breeding your pokemon! Hope this guide helps you!

Happy Breeding!
 #9457  by MGirard

I wanted to ask more experienced breeders about something that just happened. Here's the two pokemon being bred (and the only two in the ranch block):

Shuckle, female, Attack and Special Attack and Speed IV's of 31, holding Destiny Knot.
Paras, male, Special Defense IV of 31, holding Power Band.

Result: Shuckle, female, Special Defense IV of 31.

How is this possible? The expected outcome is that the Paras would have passed down his Special Defense IV because of the Power Band, and then the Shuckle would have passed the remaining five IV's because of the Destiny Knot, resulting in offspring with four 31 IV's.

But it didn't. It had one 31 IV. Even if we assume the Destiny Knot did nothing at all, the worst possible outcome would have been offspring with two 31 IV's. The only possible explanation appears to be that the Destiny Knot supplied the offspring with a set of IV's that weren't from the Shuckle.

Any thoughts? In the meantime, I'll try again with the same setup.

Edit: Second one had 31 in Special Defense and Attack. Guess Destiny Knot is, at best, not functioning.

Edit: I see what's going on. I was under the impression that one parent gave 3 IV's and the other gave 3 IV's to form the 6 different IV's the offspring has (reinforced by several other people I've talked with sharing that belief). It's actually 3 total, and the other 3 IV's are randomly generated. With Destiny Knot, it increases to 5, with only 1 being randomly generated. This makes breeding considerably more difficult than I thought.
 #9667  by MGirard

I have some friends that don't really care to get into breeding seriously and wanted me to come up with a layout for a single ranch that would be capable of breeding all types of pokemon, even if it's at the slowest speed. Here's what I came up with:

35 Grass Blocks (Bug/Poison/Flying/Grass/Normal)
12 Coal Blocks (Rock)
12 Emerald Blocks (Dragon/Ghost/Psychic)
12 Lily Pads (Water)
12 Blocks of Iron (Steel)
12 Fire (Fire)
12 Lit Redstone lamps (Electric)
12 Stained Clay (Ground)
12 Packed Ice (Ice)
12 Stone Bricks (Fighting)

For a total of 143 blocks, this meets the minimum requirements for every type. A 12x12 ranch size is ideal, giving you exactly the required 144 blocks (+1 for the ranch block itself) to work with. It requires 6 ranch upgrades.
 #15548  by msscentral

FurnoHeatflames wrote: Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:44 pm Hey Everyone!

I have seen some players on the minecraft survival server don't know how to breed Pokemon.Well then I decided to post a breeding guide for those that don't know how to breed Pokemon!

Getting Started!
First off you will need a "Ranch Block".A Ranch Block is a block that enables you to breed your pokemon

To craft a Ranch Block you will need a flower pot,a PC and a piston.Place them in this order:

And your done with this part,now its time for:

Environment!

Before Pokemon can breed they must be in a suitable environment within the Ranch Block's range.This can be achieved if there is a sufficient amount of blocks that are appropriate for the Pokémon's types.To make it easier to construct a suitable environment for breeding, it is possible to place the ranch block in a biome that already contains suitable blocks for the breeding Pokémon.
For more information about suitable blocks see this page:https://minecraftsurvivalservers.com

Breeding!

Now that your done constructing a suitable environment,Its time to breed minecraft pokemon!

Place 2 pokemon with different gender and is in the same egg group in the ranch block,Once They are satisfied with their environment they will love each other and they may start breeding.

But It will take time for them to breed so be patient...

These hearts will pop out when they start breeding,once they reach the red heart they will create an egg

Right click them to see how much they like each other,they breed faster if they really love each other:

Until then just wait until they make an egg,The egg contains whatever species the mother is.Lets say the mother is a larvesta,then the egg contains a lvl 1 larvesta.

Hatching Your Egg!

Now that you recieved your egg you may now hatch it! But you can only hatch it by taking enough steps.The egg will not hatch if you put it in the PC and now you can battle with it and train it like a normal pokemon!

IV!

Combined, the two parents will pass down three random IVs to their offspring. These IVs will not overlap with each other (i.e., the mother and father cannot both pass the same IV)

Thats all You need to know about breeding your survival server pokemon! Hope this guide helps you!

Happy Breeding!
What a long and helpful guide, thank you for sharing!