Limitless Pixelmon 

• [FAQs] LimitlessMC's Most Frequently Asked Questions!

• Talk about anything server related!
Talk about anything server related!
 #10823  by Flaronix

Semi-Off-Topic Edit: For personal reasons, I have decided that I do not wish to get as involved with this community as I had originally intended to. Without getting into too much detail, lets just say my initial impressions of the server changed too quickly for my liking. Although my time on Limitless was short-lived, I will no longer be a member for the time being. If an admin wishes to copy and paste my topic, creating their own to prevent the information from becoming out-dated, that would be fine.
~Flaronix

I noticed here on LimitlessMC that there are many questions getting asked many times every day. To help end a lot of confusion, I decided to type up a list of frequently asked questions.

There’s a nice tutorial on the official Pixelmon wiki on how to get started (found here), but If you have more specific questions, look no further!

Currently there are 17 listed questions answered here, but I will add more if I see some other questions being frequently asked.
  • 1. How do I battle wild Pokemon?
    2. How do I heal my Pokemon?
    3. How do I catch Pokemon?
    4. How do I craft Pokeballs?
    5. How do I get food?
    6. I got disconnected from the server and can’t rejoin, what happened?
    7. Where should I start building my house?
    8. How do I protect my land?
    9. How do I let my friends build on and interact with the blocks on my land?
    10. Where can I buy ____?
    11. How can I earn money to buy stuff?
    12. Is there a ____ teleport or warp?
    13. Where do I find ____ biome?
    14. Where can I train my Pokemon?
    15. I caught a Pokemon and it doesn’t have the moves it's supposed to learn! How do I teach Pokemon moves that they learned at earlier levels?
    16. What are these guilds people are talking about and how do I create one?
    17. What are IVs and EVs?
1. How do I battle wild Pokemon? ”I don’t want my Pokemon to stay level 5 forever!”

With the default controls:

Throw your Pokemon from their ball at a wild Pokemon to battle them. You can do this by pressing R. Additionally, if your selected Pokemon is already thrown out, you can press F while looking at a wild Pokemon. This will make your Pokemon target the wild Pokemon to chase down until it can engage in a battle with it (Note: The targeting feature is Disabled because it is not working properly in the current version of Pixelmon. This will be fixed in future versions).

To select which Pokemon you want to throw out, use the Up and Down Arrow Keys to scroll through your party.

2. How do I heal my Pokemon? ”Pokemon don’t die, they simply faint!”

To heal your Pokemon, just right click a nurse or a healer machine. You can find a public access healer machine in the spawn’s pokecenter by typing /warp pokecenter.

3. How do I catch Pokemon? ”Gotta catch ‘em all, of course!”

New players should start with 10 Pokeballs, but if you don’t any you will need to craft some (see #4). If you do have some Pokeballs in your inventory, engage in a battle with a Pokemon first. During the battle, click on Bag, then Pokeballs, then click on the Pokeball you wish to use. That Pokeball will be consumed and you will attempt to catch the wild Pokemon with it. Keep in mind that some Pokemon will be easier to catch than others, but there are things you can do to give yourself a higher chance. Damaging the Pokemon (without killing it, of course), giving it a status condition (such as Sleep or Paralysis), and using special balls (such as an Ultra Ball), all increase your chances of catching the wild Pokemon.

4. How do I craft Pokeballs? ”Gotta catch ‘em all… In stylish balls!”

Crafting Pokeballs is a long process, but once you get going, it becomes a lot easier.

First, you need to collect and smelt some Apricorns. There are 7 colors of Apricorns (listed here) and different combinations of colors allow you to craft different balls.

Finding & Farming Apricorns: Apricorn trees

If you find a fully grown Apricorn on an Apricorn tree when exploring (see link above), simply right click it to collect the Apricorn. If an Apricorn tree is on your claimed property you can feel free to cut it down with an axe, otherwise please leave the Apricorn bushes in the wild so other players can collect them, too. Once you’ve collected some Apricorns you can plant them to start a farm. Right click some grass or dirt with an Apricorn in your hand to plant it. Your tree should then grow through its stages (see link above) and an Apricorn can be collected during the final stage by right clicking the tree. Once an Apricorn is collected, the tree will revert back to its fourth stage where it will begin to grow another Apricorn.

Cooking, Crafting, & Hammering: Ball Discs | Pixelmon’s Official Pokeball Crafting Guide

Uncooked Apricorns can be used to craft furniture, but we’ll want the cooked ones for crafting Pokeballs. Simply smelt your Apricorns the same way you’d smelt ingots or food, and you’ll be ready to craft a Ball Disc. You can find a list of Ball Discs by clicking the link above. In addition, each ball requires an iron base, made the same way but with iron instead of cooked Apricorns (you can also use aluminum, but iron is more common). You’ll then want to hammer both discs on a Pixelmon anvil in order to make a lid and a base. Finally, you can craft those together with a button to create your ball!

The official Pixelmon wiki also has a crafting tutorial complete with links and pictures that explain all of these things. You can find that tutorial here.

5. How do I get food? ”I’m starving! Where are all the cows and pigs when you need ‘em?”

First of all you cannot die of starvation on LimitlessMC, you will only lose up to half of your hearts. Please do not spam the chat begging for food to stay alive. Furthermore, LimitlessMC is a Pixelmon survival server, meaning you are still playing survival minecraft. However, since there are no neutral mobs naturally spawning on the server, many food items can be obtained by defeating wild Pokemon instead. The list of Pixelmon item drops can be found here.

Grown foods can be found in villages as well, but please only take a few and try to replant them; other players need food, too!

Note: Food can also be purchased in the market (see #10) or in the food shop at /warp foodshop (Currently Unavailable).

6. I got disconnected from the server and can’t rejoin, what happened? ”rip”

If you’re having problems connecting it is likely that the server is down. If this happens, the server is almost always back up within 5-10 minutes and sometimes even sooner if the server is just restarting. You can always check the right side of the homepage (http://limitlessmc.net/) to see the servers current state as well as the number of players online.

7. Where should I start building my house? ”Like The Underground, but on the surface!”

If you walk out far enough away from spawn, you will leave the protected spawn area. Pick any chunk(s) outside the spawn and start building! You’re able to claim up to 8 chunks for free which will protect them from being griefed. Additional chunks cost $250 each, so choose wisely! If you hold down F3 and press G, it will show you chunk borders to make it easier to pick out which chunks you want. Once you know where you want to live, you can claim the chunks if they’re unclaimed (see #8). When you’re all done you can press those hotkeys again to hide chunk borders.

Note: Make sure when it comes to building you’re keeping the server looking nice. This also means you should not be griefing somebody else’s stuff (even if it’s unprotected), nor should you be building a spammy structure of any kind.

8. How do I protect my land? ”Get off my Minecraft lawn!”

Once you’ve found some chunks you want to claim as your own, you’ll have to make sure they’re available. You can check if a chunk is available by right clicking any block with a stick. You should then get some information in chat including the owner (or lack thereof) for that chunk. If a chunk has already been claimed, the corners will change into redstone and glowstone blocks showing you the borders of that claimed chunk. If the chunks you want have not been claimed yet, you’re ready to claim them!

Go ahead and use the command /claim newclaim and you will be prompted to select an area to claim. To do this, right click on two opposing corner blocks and it will automatically claim all chunks that intersect the area that you’ve defined. Like I mentioned in #7, you’re able to claim up to 8 chunks for free and additional chunks will cost $250 each.

All your claimed chunks will automatically be protected! Other players will not be able to open doors, steal items from chests, or even use your crafting tables. However, if you wish to give your friends permission to do these things, see #9 below.

9. How do I let my friends build on and interact with the blocks on my land?My friend needs a spare set of keys!

To trust other players with your claims, simply use the command /trust <player name>. That player will then be able to build and interact with all the blocks on your claim as if it were theirs. However, trusted players are not able to give trust for your claim to anybody else.

Note: Trusting a player does not automatically give them trust for all future claims that you make. If you claim more chunks after using the trust command, you will have to type the command again to give them trust on the newly claimed chunks.

10. Where can I buy ____? ”What are you buying?”

Items are constantly being bought and sold by players on the market. Type /market listings to view all the items for sale. Keep in mind, the money it shows in your inventory isn’t always accurate. However, The number shown in the market (when you mouse over the coin in the bottom left) and when you type /money (also /bal) is accurate.

Players have also been known to buy Pokemon, access to enchanting tables, or even a teleport (see #12) to a certain biome. To give another player money, type /pay <player> <amount>.

Note: You may advertise that you are wanting to buy something in chat, but you may not spam advertisements. As a general rule, you should wait about a minute between each advertisement.

11. How can I earn money to buy stuff? ”What are you selling?”

If you have items that you think other players would like to buy such as diamonds, held items, or even food, you can sell them in the market. Simply type /market sell <price>, replacing ”<price>” with a number and the item or stack of items currently in your hand will be put up on the market for that price.

Like mentioned above, players have been known to sell Pokemon, access to their enchanting tables, and teleports (see #12) to a certain biome. If you plan on selling these things, you’ll have to have other players pay you by using /pay <player> <amount>.

Note: You may also advertise that you are selling something in chat, but again you may not spam advertisements. Remember: As a general rule, you should wait about a minute between each advertisement. If players don’t seem interested in what you’re selling, wait longer before advertising again or change your offer.

12. Is there a ____ teleport or warp? ”My friend is all the way out in boo-hoo egypt! How do I get there?

Use the command /warp to see the official list of places you can warp to on the server. If you would like teleport to a friend, type /tpa <player>, replacing “<player>" with the name of the player you would like to teleport to. That player will then have to accept the teleport using /tpaccept. You can also request a player to teleport to you by typing /tpahere <player>.

You can set your player's home teleport by typing /sethome. This allows you to return any time by typing /home.

Lastly, one of the most useful teleportation commands we have access to is /back. If you type this command it will teleport your character to last known position you were at before teleporting previously. This means you can go exploring and be able to safely type /home, heal your Pokemon, free up your inventory space, and make some new tools while still being able to type /back to resume exploring.

13. Where do I find ____ biome? ”Anyone in a ____ biome for me to tp?”

There are no warps to specific biomes, so you have to find them or ask someone for a teleport. Asking someone for a teleport is allowed, but spamming is not. You’re usually better off just using some Old Running Boots to run around and explore the world for yourself to find the biomes you want. Additionally, you are able to ride certain Pokemon to help you explore. A list of mountable Pokemon can be found here.

14. Where can I train my Pokemon? ”I wanna be the very best like no one ever was”

There is a beautiful park you can get to by typing /warp arena, turning right, and following the path. Lots of low level Pokemon spawn here for you to train when you first start. Once your Pokemon get too strong for the park, it’s best to explore the world and to try to find wild Pokemon that are around the same level as your party. When you get to about Lvl. 40-50, it’s recommended that you find a Haunted Tower. They are randomly found generated in the wild, spawn bosses on the top floor, and even have a hidden Pokeloot Chest. Before the server’s map was reset, you could type /warp bosstower to teleport to a custom built Haunted Tower. This warp is now Currently Unavailable, but we may see something similar in the future.

15. I caught a Pokemon and it doesn’t have the moves it's supposed to learn! How do I teach Pokemon moves that they learned at earlier levels? ”It’s like riding a bike... You can always relearn?...”

Before the server’s world was reset, there was a move relearner NPC in the spawn town. Although it is Currently Unavailable in the new world, players are expecting another one some time soon.

16. What are these guilds people are talking about and how do I create one?I thought this was Minecraft, not Guild Wars 2!”

Before the server had its map reset, players had access to the /guild command. Players could create a guild to invite other players to, which would give all players in that guild access to a home-like teleport called the guild base. Currently this command is Unavailable, but players are expecting access to it sometime soon.

17. What are IVs and EVs? ”Now I see why nerds love Pokemon; It’s all about stats and numbers!” ~TheInfamousDark

IV: IV stands for Individual Values, and it’s basically hidden stat modifiers that every Pokemon has on each of its stats. When a Pokemon spawns, it has 0-31 points added to its base stats. The number generated between 0 and 31 is chosen randomly and is different for each stat on any given Pokemon.

Players have access to the command /iv <party slot number>, which will tell you the highest IVs on the Pokemon in the slot you defined.

EV: EV stands for Effort Values, and it’s more complicated than IVs. Basically, your Pokemon gain extra stat points when they defeat a Pokemon and the stat gained is dependent on the Pokemon defeated.

Players have access to the command /ev <party slot number>, which requires you to be holding a type gem that matched the type of the Pokemon in the slot you defined. After consuming the gem, it will tell you the current EVs of that Pokemon.

LimitlessMC admin gilman2 has already made a fantastic topic explaining IVs, Evs, and more in much greater depth. You can check out that topic here!

If there’s a question you would like to see answered here in the FAQ, feel free to send me a PM with your suggestion!
Last edited by Flaronix on Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:07 pm, edited 7 times in total.