Limitless Pixelmon 

• Let's Talk Updates & More...

• Talk about anything server related!
Talk about anything server related!
 #17696  by DefinedNull

Ok lets just set some facts before we start discussing further.
Below i have stated a few things that are obvious to anyone who logged onto Limitless recently.

- Server Market is trash
- World is too old

Now lets expand on these....
So first in line is the market. Too many people want to underprice items in order to be able to sell faster which lowers (for some reason) the actual worth of the item. For example if 5IV poke's are going for 3k or about and you see one on listing for 1.5k, then why would you ever want to buy one for 3k? I don't want to start naming people but you know who you are. And thats not even close to the only thing i could bring up. Please do not keep lowering prices because you just want to sell quicker. Most of the people who do this have tons of money and just keep getting money from the poor which keeps separating that gab from poor to wealthy on the server by even more.

Second, The world needs an update.
Yes... loosing stuff sucks. whether it is dying in lava, losing a tp, dropping your pickaxe in the void (me), or anything, loosing stuff you worked hard for sucks. BUT we cannot just keep the map the same forever. I, like others, have spent countless amount of money on this server and don't want to see it die. Many other servers have a constant map reset every 2 - 3 years. It needs to be the same for this server. Now i do think there needs to be a few things that stay.
For example, i know how hard everyone has worked for Pokédex, and i think people's Pokédex percentage is one thing that should carry over if the world were to reset. Everything else however is something you just have to sacrifice to keep the server striving. People will leave from the reset yes. But many will come back to play too. Everyone who has left the server has left to bordom because they have nothing else to do and having a map reset would help many of the OG's come back.

If you have read all the way until here please let me know how you feel by commenting. I don't want any arguments in the comments but let's at least come together and think of a way we could all be a little happy with an update because an update is very much needed.

In my opinion this is what would be best for the server:
Full map reset ( includes players items, Pokémon, builds, etc )
Introduce BOP ( in a separate world to see if it's even used, maybe to donors only? )
Players Keep:
- Dex entries
- Rank
- Prefixes
- Home Count
- Statues
 #17697  by wellingham

Don't mind this. Don't love the idea of a reset but wouldn't consider quitting over it at all. If there's one thing I'd really like it'd be tournaments in OU format.

#17699  by jmkiol

Lol map is pretty old but still full with unbuilded and undiscovered places. Better idea for that (but huge work) - people that were not online since 1,5 years or something, get a claim reset, if everyone wants this. I personally don't need a restart/ reset, and I don't want it. I wanna fix the market, especially the breeding market. I don't see other problems here.
 #17700  by DefinedNull

jmkiol wrote:Lol map is pretty old but still full with unbuilded and undiscovered places. Better idea for that (but huge work) - people that were not online since 1,5 years or something, get a claim reset, if everyone wants this. I personally don't need a restart/ reset, and I don't want it. I wanna fix the market, especially the breeding market. I don't see other problems here.
I can get aboard on this, i agree there are still a large portion of the map that is not build on etc.. thanks for pointing that out :)
Kawaiiyuno wrote:simple, a reset shouldnt happend
Ok, i respect your opinion but could you at least let us know why you wouldn't want a reset so we can at least be able to find common ground?
wellingham wrote:Don't mind this. Don't love the idea of a reset but wouldn't consider quitting over it at all. If there's one thing I'd really like it'd be tournaments in OU format.
Thanks for the reply! And i agree more tournaments and events would be awesome. There are some already but more the better right?
 #17701  by SacredMutagen

TLDR
Reset is not necessary, other measure can be done before that.

World is too old
Concerning the world reset, I don't think that is the best idea, because it will kill off a lot of efforts that have been put through many months/years. I would rather consider an expansion of the worlds border. Maybe like a 1k extension per 1-6 month (considering that the world would get bigger exponentially) and rtp sending people more to these areas first. I don't know if it is possible to add BoP into these new extension directly, that would be great. People that prefers new biomes would move further out.

Market is trash
It follows the trend of supply & demand as the number of people selling 5 IV are increasing, but not the demand, so the price crash. To limit this issue, I would suggest either limiting the number of time a dknot can be used or the time a pokemon can breed (you know like an human). This will help to limit the quantity of offspring, taking into example the one child policy in China. Obviously, it would not be only 1 breeding, but maybe like 10?. The perfect quantity of breeding authorized should be calculated that each couple would statically give X number of the same child. I'm not an expert of statistic, but that would be a great start.

Other than 5 IV market, I don't think there is an issue with the market. Some legends are worth nothing, because nobody wants them and that's normal. Minecraft stuffs are priced normally.
 #17702  by Kamasu_Tra

No to a reset; I came over to Limitless specifically because there were no plans to do a reset any time soon. The last two servers I have played on did resets out of the blue, and it's left a bad taste in my mouth about the whole thing.

The market is pretty good as is; much better then some other servers that enforce minimum prices on things or some other convoluted method to try and stifle the economy. I agree that there should be some kind of limit on how many times a pokemon can be bred, but even that wouldn't stop those with big breeding operations from keeping a steady rotation of 5/6 IV's coming out. Honestly, if prices come down, I see that as a good thing; lower prices means that it is easier for people to assemble a competitive team, and I like competitive servers. If you are worried about not being able to make enough cash, then that's a different story.

As for the world; there is a ton of untouched and unused land, what has been taken are all the naturally spawned structures, like pokecenters/marts, Strongholds, US buildsings, etc. But that, and even your issue, could be solved with an expansion of the borders. But, that comes at the cost of more server space that is needed, and that's a financial decision, not ours to make.
 #17704  by DefinedNull

SacredMutagen wrote:TLDR
Reset is not necessary, other measure can be done before that.

World is too old
Concerning the world reset, I don't think that is the best idea, because it will kill off a lot of efforts that have been put through many months/years. I would rather consider an expansion of the worlds border. Maybe like a 1k extension per 1-6 month (considering that the world would get bigger exponentially) and rtp sending people more to these areas first. I don't know if it is possible to add BoP into these new extension directly, that would be great. People that prefers new biomes would move further out.

Market is trash
It follows the trend of supply & demand as the number of people selling 5 IV are increasing, but not the demand, so the price crash. To limit this issue, I would suggest either limiting the number of time a dknot can be used or the time a pokemon can breed (you know like an human). This will help to limit the quantity of offspring, taking into example the one child policy in China. Obviously, it would not be only 1 breeding, but maybe like 10?. The perfect quantity of breeding authorized should be calculated that each couple would statically give X number of the same child. I'm not an expert of statistic, but that would be a great start.

Other than 5 IV market, I don't think there is an issue with the market. Some legends are worth nothing, because nobody wants them and that's normal. Minecraft stuffs are priced normally.
Yeah you could expand the borders. But that wouldn't solve anything except use more memory and cause more lag. A full map reset would get rid of hard work but just seems like y'all just don't want to start over. However a reset wouldn't be the first for this server nor the last. This world will not be here forever so honestly not reseting would just be pushing back the inevitable.

Also the market is definitely fucked. like i said 5IV's are just one example, red chains, masterballs, mega stones, shinies, and tons of more stuff are just too cheap for the rarity of the item. People only drop prices because they see how low somebody else sells for. Yes i know supply and demand but the age limit on pixelmon is not that high so talking about supply and demand aka common sense only applies to a portion of the server as some people just don't know what that is. In almost every instance you will see someone asking what the price of a certain item is because they just don't even know what it goes for because it just fluctuates so often which is bad.

And about breeding i do agree there needs to be a limit on how much a pokemon can breed or at least have a cap on destiny knots, and bands. Also alot of entity's not even being used in the world from older players that don't play anymore generate a bit of lag i'm sure so just having a fresh start would improve the server more than you think. Idk why people say they would quit after a restart that's honestly petty in my opinion.

Like i stated before this would NOT be the first NOR last reset so it's going to happen eventually, so why not now?
 #17705  by Kamasu_Tra

Death is also inevitable, yet I imagine you are enjoying what life you have, rather then just getting to the end cuz it's gonna happen anyways.

You say things are "fucked". Why? If the prices of everything is lower, then you don't need as much money to buy said things. So whats the problem?

And how would expanding the borders not solve the problem? What exactly is your problem with the world? You haven't ever actually said WHY you want the map reset, just that it happens to other servers, so it should happen here, now. Again, why?
 #17706  by SacredMutagen

Kamasu_Tra wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:13 am Death is also inevitable, yet I imagine you are enjoying what life you have, rather then just getting to the end cuz it's gonna happen anyways.

You say things are "fucked". Why? If the prices of everything is lower, then you don't need as much money to buy said things. So whats the problem?

And how would expanding the borders not solve the problem? What exactly is your problem with the world? You haven't ever actually said WHY you want the map reset, just that it happens to other servers, so it should happen here, now. Again, why?

Totally agree with your point. If things are less expensive than before, it would help new people to have things. The issue comes from the top players who breeds a lot of undercut to make a sell, why penalize everybody with a server reset, as the same people will probably play again on the new server and the same issue will come back again.

Beside of the lag, I don't understand the point of resetting the world. It is recommended in the Technic Launcher to have 2 GB of RAM and I can smoothly run with 1.5 GB of RAM.

Also for the price of other things such as red chains, as someone who have farmed a lot in the past, I am probably the one who have the most on the market right now (probably after Aussie). Yes their price have cut down from 35k to 20k, and yet almost nobody wants to buy them because it is still too expensive. Will I undercut the price? No. Will I increase the price? I don't think so, already hard to sell them. Is it broken? Well I can't say much, yes they are rare, but nobody wants to pay the price.

For other stuffs in the market : Masterball was like maybe 5k in the past, now around 3.5k. Yes, the price have gone down a little bit, but still most people wont use it on legendary and prefer to save it when they are really in need. So inevitably the rarity goes down as there is more. This kind of ball is often used by new people who don't know how to properly use the other type of balls anyways, so a price that goes down help them.

For Mega stones, the price can goes to 200$ to 15k depending of what you are talking of. Of course their price depends of their rarity and their usefulness. Who wants to buy a beedreelite for 10k$ when almost nobody have an beedrill in their team? Of course the price will get super low, as it will probably stay in your chest and be forgotten. Same thing goes for shiny as well, but in this side, a lot of people bought it from the donation store, which make jay happy.

Fun fact : People have criticized me for keeping up high prices, yet the same people will cry saying the market is broken because that's what they are selling that their price goes down... Adapt to the market guys.