Limitless Pixelmon 

• Boss Towers,drops and Experience

• Make a suggestion for our server!
Make a suggestion for our server!
 #13834  by Brightborn

So just earlier i heard that boss towers are going to be disabled so i thought i would share my objections with it and the 3 reasons why it would be a bad idea

First off is the loot, currently the loot system works off a tier system with red and yellow bosses being the one which you really want for the loot they can drop, excluding the masterball there are a lot of tms which are tier 3 and it's really only the tier 3 tms people usually want without boss towers if the chance for each type of boss pokemon to spawn is equal, which it probably isn't then that 2/1000 pokemon which equal 3 tier 3 drops from 117 different items .

Second is the experience, because boss pokemon scale to exceed your pokemon they actually give you the experience you need to level up at decent pace which even all the main stay pokemon games allow through the Elite four or in coilseum and XD: gale of darkness, mt.battle. but without them we would level at a snails pace or have to mine up gold to level up pokemon like beforehand

Third and final point is if we haven't got boss towers then it might put people off staying on the server if they can't grind for their items like in the other servers.

though if you do decide to disable it heres an idea to rectify the problems of player not being able to reliably get their items but in a way where it won't ruin the economy which is to implement a new currency battle points which can be gotten from defeating trainers which scale at a specific place similar to get points and experience (possibly giving increased experience if possible) with a limit of how many times you can challenge them daily so that it won't be possible to flood the economy, a good rate i estimate is 20 trainers which have 6 pokemon each that you can challenge 10 times per day which, after 3 days of challenging you should be able to afford 1 masterball, or defeating the 20 trainers 5 times each for one tier 3 tm or item
 #13835  by Jay113355

Brightborn wrote: Third and final point is if we haven't got boss towers then it might put people off staying on the server if they can't grind for their items like in the other servers.
We believe this is actually the opposite. If you joined the server today and managed to grind one pokemon to a level capable of fighting a boss tower. Then all you need to do is get an expshare and a boss tower and then you can get practically every item you'll ever need and you can level an entire team up within a day. Past that, what is there to do on the server? The only other thing is ev training and breeding for ivs. There is no challenge anymore. I'm not saying we want it to take months for you level a new team but we cant have people making new teams within a day. From what I've seen it is the lack of challenge and lack of things to do is the biggest reason why players leave.

And as for the "like in the other servers." Most servers (the ones smarter then us) have disabled the generation of the boss towers for these reasons. And the ones who didn't are in the same pit of doom as us. I talked with a server owner named Nick about this last night and he said he was planning a full reset to fix his economy. Something i dont want to have to do.

tldr: We're going to disable the boss towers and see how well it goes. We're also going to be adding a few new things to help recover the eco and add new ways to get items and level up faster.

But as it stands right now. Boss towers are killing the eco and making it too easy(fast) to progress in the game.

P.S: pixelmon revamped the drops system in the 5.0.2 anyway.