Limitless Pixelmon 

• Triple_Pain Ban Appeal

• Make an application to get unbanned here.
Make an application to get unbanned here.
Forum rules: You must follow the format outlined in the [READ BEFORE POSTING] Thread. If you fail to do so you are wasting staff time and it is unlikely your appeal will be accepted.
 #19759  by Triple_Pain

Hello again... I want to start by saying I had no intentions on being on ban appeal again, at least not so soon. However I'm here because I genuinely believe my ban is unfair and should be overturned like my last one.

In-Game Username: Triple_Pain

Reason for ban: : "Large griefing, then arguing with staff"

Who banned you?: KidKraft__

What happened right before you were banned?:

For a short while now I have been working on a project to create a perimeter of ultra elm trees around spawn. I think they look very nice especially on the mini-map and it would be a cool visual to make a circle of them. It could leave my mark, look nice, and be an overall impressive looking build for the server.

Today someone voiced an annoyance with the trees because they were close to his build (I would like to make it clear I was unaware of his build while planting the trees) so I asked him if I could keep the trees if I lit them up (because I would have rathered them stay there, and removing them all would be an unreasonable amount of work) He agreed at first but then later said he would rather me remove them after staff asked him again.

At this point I was at a loss because actually removing them was essentially an impossible goal. After trying to convince the staff of this, they said "welp" and banned me.

I will admit, in trying to convince them I wasn't griefing, and the work requested of me was unreasonable, I was being a bit argumentative. However I kept things respectful and civil, not making any personal jabs, not using any rude language, I was just trying to explain why I couldn't do what they were asking me. Nevertheless I was banned after this.

Additional Notes:

I want to point out that not only is "no arguing with staff" a bit unreasonable of a ban reason but it is also not in the rules. The staff was calling me a griefer and telling me to do (in my opinion) an unreasonable amount of work. I was just defending myself because I wasn't actually griefing, and commands exist that could remove the trees completely in seconds, making everyone happier. The person whose base it was included. (the trees would be removed far quicker, it would have taken me multiple days to get it all done).

If unbanned I will cease planting these trees around at least until they are fixed. It turns out the leaves do not decay and their growth potentially causes crashes? It's unconfirmed right now but I certainly wasn't aware when I planted them and would not have done so If I knew it was a possibility.

If I continue to plant these trees after they get fixed, I wont have any future issues removing them if I accidently place them near someone's base, as the leaves actually decaying will make it much faster, and I will also make greater efforts to make sure I don't place them around bases.

Screenshot of ban message:
https://gyazo.com/e50e6c33cab42c6f7adb779dbe70a8fe
 #19761  by Triple_Pain

Just want to put an update on a few things:

1. I accept your apology dan, I never really had anything against ya, but also you didnt need to reply to this lol.

2. and more importantly: I've found out through a few of my friends who still play on the server that the claim, and owner of the claim that I had placed trees near are only a few days old on the server

If true this would mean that the saplings that grew into the trees that were considered griefing, and led to my ban, were already planted when the claim and build was made.

3. Thank you to everyone including any staff who took the time to read my appeal, I hope this situation can be resolved soon!
 #19767  by KidKraft

Before any decision on this ban is made, I do need to state that with our ability to block log and see when every block in the server is posted. Therefore, has already been confirmed that all of the saplings placed were placed after the surrounding players lived in the area and had their entire bases built. I am a bit confused how it was possible how the bases were missed when they are within about 20 blocks of the trees in question.

(Also leaf decaying on these trees is broken but they do not causes crashes as far as we can tell, for future reference)
 #19769  by Triple_Pain

I see, in that case I guess I must have missed the base...

As for how I did that.. well I was planting a rather large perimeter so I wasn't exactly paying close attention to where each tree was placed, looking nearly straight down or straight forward. Even so the trees were placed outside of the claim and with no ill intent.

Despite my good intentions I am still sorry for the inconvenience I caused the player who built the base, but I stand by the claim that me removing all of the trees is unreasonable. especially considering the alternatives.

Again: Thank you for taking the time to read through this appeal. I hope we get a resolution soon.
 #19782  by KidKraft

Looking over the whole situation again (and given that DMing staff to have them look at the ban appeal is specifically mentioned not to do in the pinned post), this ban appeal is going to be denied.