Limitless Pixelmon 

• Forum Suggestions

• Have an idea how to make our website better? Let us know!
Have an idea how to make our website better? Let us know!
 #3256  by Sonji

Sonji wrote: Honestly these forums aren't very welcoming to me, I feel more things to help you navigate through the forums like an Introduction thread, and just more seperate sub forums will stir some activity, I'm looking for some things but not finding a lot to post on.
I think the forum needs a bit of a makeover, this can be considered a bad thing or a new opportunity to bring in an audience. I'm just a new player who joined this server a few days ago, So for I like my stay here and all of you seem very friendly. The forums however are just Unwelcoming to me though and kind of messy to me. I'll throw in some suggestions and hopefully they'll be considered.

Announcements - 2 Sub-forums (Maybe 3)
  • Limitless Pixelmon Annoucements (Latest updates and patch notes from the crew regarding Pixelmon)
  • Forum Announcements (Latest news from the crew regarding the forum and staff members.)
  • *Blog*
The Limitless Pixelmon Annoucements should literally should be just annoucements regarding the game, Any changes or new things added, fixes etc.
Forum Announcements are announments regarding the actual forum and it's Staff members, in it should also be staff members by Rank
The Blog is optional this is where staff members post when they are developing something for the server that may be added to the server in the near future, they post what they are doing and the progress as they go and take suggestions along with it.

Now onto a a forum section that I think should be Added
Events - 3 Sub-forums
  • Forum Events (Events that will be hosted on the forum are posted here.)
  • Game Events (Events that are related to the game will be posted here.)
  • Tournaments (LimitlessMC Tournaments)
All these subforums are pretty self explanatory, inside Game events, there should be a list of in-game events hosted frequently. Explaining the objective and the rules of the event.

Now for the main game
LimitlessMC Pixelmon - 7 Sub-forums
  • General Discussion (General talk for Limitless MC Pixelmon)
  • Introductions (New to the community? Or are you leaving? Make a topic here.)
  • Screenshots & Videos (Share your game play! Only post media of LimitlessMC Pixelmon.)
  • Trouble Shooting (Having trouble with something on the server? Ask for help here!)
  • Player Reports (Has someone wronged you? Report them here)
  • Forum Reports (Post your forum reports here.)
  • Unban Appelas (Think you have been banned/warned unfairly? Post a thread in this section.)
Most are self explanatory in the Inside Introductions, there should be a subforum in it called Goodbyes. To seperate clutter between Hello's and Farewells. For both the Report sections and Appeals there should be a subforums in those called Completed Reports/Appeals to reduce clutter inside of them.

Onto Applications (? Subforums)
Applications
  • Moderator Applications (Think you're fit to be a Limitless Moderator? Apply here!)
That's pretty much it for that one, it really depends on what the staff team needs. Just remove the thread when there is no need for applications or close it.

Let's get creative and stoof
Miscellaneous - 7 Subforums
  • GFX Section (Share your greatest works)
  • Gaming (Post threads about your favorite game in this section. Not other Minecraft servers.)
  • Anime (Anime lovers, here's your paradise.)
  • Media (Anything related to music and (custom made) videos.)
  • Debates (Like to fight for your beliefs? This is the place to do it.)
  • Off Topic (Open your mind, talk about anything here.)
This section is just for discussions about other things, Off-Topic but with a Topic in mind excluding the Off Topic Subforum (say that 7 times fast ._.) GFX is where if you're interested in the arts you post your art work or whatever there. Gaming and Anime is where people on the internet seem to know a lot about, why not have a section about it? Media is just what it's description pretty much says. Debates is a good topic if you like well...debating things. And finally Off Topic is where you literally can't find a section I covered and post there about it.

Well that's it for me. Just my input on how I think to get the forum rolling, If it was active before, that's great. I'm just noticing right now it's not very active. I hope some of the things I suggested here will be considered, thanks for reading.
 #3262  by HeavenlyBetrayal

Some really interesting ideas, you have clearly put the effort in to create this post, thank you for your thoughts dude. I know a lot of us would like the community to be more involved with the forums and for that we need people like you who are willing to go out of their way and make an effort. Kudos.
 #3269  by Sonji

It's really no problem, I love active communities and I see a lot of potential for this forum. I felt welcomed in-game, and would love to see activity in the forum as well.
 #3270  by gilman2

Haven't had time to fully read it properly, but so far I'm liking the events suggestion, properly updated regularly I think this could be good.
 #3294  by Sonji

gilman2 wrote:Haven't had time to fully read it properly, but so far I'm liking the events suggestion, properly updated regularly I think this could be good.
Well I'm glad you like the idea, I'm actually part of an Event Team on another game server (Not MC). It's very easy to manage and players will have a clear understanding of the event rules .