Limitless Pixelmon 

• Site Suggestions~!

• Have an idea how to make our website better? Let us know!
Have an idea how to make our website better? Let us know!
 #1114  by EmmaUchiha

Hey, lovelies!

During my time lurking the site, I've noticed a few things I thought I should possibly bring up to you guys. I hope y'all find at least some of it helpful~
  • Since the 'Announcements' forum doesn't really seem to be used much since the 'News' forum seems to serve pretty much the same purpose, why not combine the two already there, and then create an 'Events' forum? Swap the section header title for 'News and Events' and voila! Catch challenges, screenshot contests, and perhaps holiday events can go in one, while the important and serious stuff goes in the other! It seems like it'd be better than having two redundant forums.
  • It's not really all that important, but I thought I might bring it up for you guys. In the 'Off-Topic' forum description, there's a small typo: 'Talk about anything off-topic here! Music, games, moves, and more!' Unless you actually meant discussing the Hadouken and other fighting game combos, I think that was supposed to be movies!
    There's also a handful of typos in the 1.7 Plan thread and corresponding on-site News post, but it'd be kind of pointless to fix them, I suppose, as they'll be irrelevant after the update; I just figured I'd mention it while I was on the subject~
  • What ever happened to the event-day-change poll you guys (and by 'you guys' I mean 'Jay said you guys/we') mentioned you wanted to do in this thread? I do seem to remember a good number of people saying they wished it was moved to Saturday, so I figured I'd just remind y'all on their behalf.
    I may've missed the poll in my travels, though, and sorry if I did! I've not read through all of the thread archives quite yet.
 #1152  by Jay113355

EmmaUchiha wrote: [*]What ever happened to the event-day-change poll you guys (and by 'you guys' I mean 'Jay said you guys/we') mentioned you wanted to do in this thread? I do seem to remember a good number of people saying they wished it was moved to Saturday, so I figured I'd just remind y'all on their behalf.
I may've missed the poll in my travels, though, and sorry if I did! I've not read through all of the thread archives quite yet.[/list]
i think Summer solves some of the problem we had there
 #1155  by Nerokin

Jay113355 wrote:
EmmaUchiha wrote:
  • What ever happened to the event-day-change poll you guys (and by 'you guys' I mean 'Jay said you guys/we') mentioned you wanted to do in this thread? I do seem to remember a good number of people saying they wished it was moved to Saturday, so I figured I'd just remind y'all on their behalf. I may've missed the poll in my travels, though, and sorry if I did! I've not read through all of the thread archives quite yet.
Summer is a temporary solution to the problem but after summer is over, the number of people that would miss the event will go back up. But lets think about something else that would happen more during the summer, people's religion. People might have to partake in their religion more during the summer and that may keep the people who don't attend the event the same number. If the people attend a morning 'school' (for religion) this may be true and the day/time for the Safari Event might need to be changed.
 #1156  by EmmaUchiha

Nerokin wrote:
Jay113355 wrote:
EmmaUchiha wrote:
  • What ever happened to the event-day-change poll you guys (and by 'you guys' I mean 'Jay said you guys/we') mentioned you wanted to do in this thread? I do seem to remember a good number of people saying they wished it was moved to Saturday, so I figured I'd just remind y'all on their behalf. I may've missed the poll in my travels, though, and sorry if I did! I've not read through all of the thread archives quite yet.
Summer is a temporary solution to the problem but after summer is over, the number of people that would miss the event will go back up. But lets think about something else that would happen more during the summer, people's religion. People might have to partake in their religion more during the summer and that may keep the people who don't attend the event the same number. If the people attend a morning 'school' (for religion) this may be true and the day/time for the Safari Event might need to be changed.
Completely true! I thought of church, but I wouldn't have thought of Sunday School.

But what I did think of is summer school. There might be students who need to make up credits who take courses over the summer. There are also schools that only operate during the summer; I used to know a high schooler who took Japanese Kanji courses through the summer from a special school specifically designed for it.
Sometimes there are athletics programs that run through the week during the summer months, as well, which possibly might be where the more athletic-type players spend their time. Since the heat is more bearable during the morning than mid-afternoon, such groups usually meet early and leave before the sun is at its peak, meaning they'd need to sleep early the night before.

Summer's a temporary solution, for sure, and there's no guarantee that these problems will arise for a large group of players, but there doesn't seem to be any benefit to procrastinating~