Limitless Pixelmon 

• Ampharagon's helper application

#18322  by Ampharagon

In-Game Username: Ampharagon

Are you fluent in English?: Yes, I have spoke it all my life, I also study English Language, so I have no doubt in my ability in grammar or wording. I can also speak a little bit of Italian and a limited amount of French and Spanish, enough for basic communication.

How long have you been a member of Limitless?: Just over 4 months, I joined 19 July, 2020.

What Time Zone are you on?: GMT (UK)

How long are you usually online for per day?: 3-4 hours Monday-Friday as I have A-Levels, this is also dependant on my homework. Weekends, however, I am able to be online for 5-8 hours depending on homework, other interests, and social life etc. With Christmas break coming up, however, I can be on for much longer, maybe 6-8 hours a day.

What times of the day can you be online?: For specifics, I can be online 16:30 to 19:30 and then potentially 20:30 to 22:30. On weekends, my time is usually not limited by requirements, but rather personal interests or issues. I am always available on discord however, and from there I will try my best to help a player to the best of my ability, a small or a large issue.

Have you ever broke any of the server rules?: No, I don't believe I have, but correct me on that if needed :)

Why do you want to be Staff?: One reason I want to be staff is that I feel that there are a limited amount of staff whenever I come on Limitless. Whenever I join, I will sometimes see toxic and rude behaviour that cannot be moderated by other players without them getting caught up in the shitstorm. This might sound like every other application, but I feel that this is an issue many players have took notice of and I want to be there to quell the drama, I am not afraid to do so. Furthermore, I feel the server has had a recent influx of toxicity and I want to help cleanse the server of this toxicity as this may turn players off, or force older/current players to quit Limitless. I want players new and old to enjoy this server to the fullest, I want players to feel welcomed, or welcomed back, into a friendly community that helps each other, even with the smallest issues, maybe a fire gem or two, for example. Another reason I would like to become helper is due to the amount the server has given to me, personally. I have met many people on this server who I interact with regularly, in-game and on discord, some of whom have become people I would genuinely call my friends, and it means a lot. I want to give back to the server. I want to be seen as a nice person who can help people out whenever they need it (again, always available on Discord).
My final reason for wanting to become helper is actually to help me regain my interest in the server. As of late, I have been moving onto other games like Overwatch, which has caused me to become less active. This also coincides with the recent toxicity in the server, which is sometimes never picked up by helpers or staff. This has caused a personal debate on whether to relinquish my Ice gym, or quit for a period of time, or forever, I don't know. Becoming helper would allow/cause me to pour more time into the server and in turn would cause me to regain my interest in Limitless. It would make me more active, and a more active member of the Limitless community.

Are you familiar with the servers unique features or commands? If yes, list at least 3 here:
I'll list all the ones I know :).
/legend - This command displays the recent legendary spawns, and how long ago they were.
/gym apply - This shows a guide to how to apply for a gym position, as it is a popular goal among players.
/faq - This displays the frequently asked questions in Limitless, such as "how do I get to the wild?" or "how do I make money?" followed by a detailed answer explaining exactly how.
/mute <player> - Ignores a player in chat, whether they are being annoying, spamming, or harassing another player. Also blocks the receiving of the /msg command.
/msg <player> - Sends a private message to another player.
/discord - Gives the user a link to the discord. Linking account will grant 5 rare candies + 15 pixel points.
/gym and /gym alt - Shows the leaders and their gym type. Red player name = offline, Green = online.
/spawn - Sends the player to spawn.
/home (<name>) - Sends player to their desired /sethome.
/g home - Sends player to their guild base/home.
/g create <name>, /g kick <player name>, /g sethome, /g leave, /g join, etc... - These commands are all to do with guild moderation and admin.
/bal - Displays player balance in pocket, and in bank.
/baltop - Displays the top ten balances, essentially the top 1%.
/sell <price> - Sells a held item on the market for the specified cost inputted.
/helpme - Sends a message to all online, available staff members (including helpers).
/tour join, /tour leave, /tour spectate - Used for tournaments hosted by players with the specified commands.

What (if any) experience do you have with Pokemon and the Pixelmon mod itself?: I have played Pokemon ever since I was about 8, starting with Pokemon Platinum. From there on, I found a game I would cherish for probably the rest of my life. I have played nearly every mainstream Pokemon game to date, and have played Showdown for a small amount of time (note - I'm not a great battler, but I still have some knowledge). For Pixelmon, the first time I picked up the mod was when I joined Limitless, July 19, 2020. Even though I have used the mod for just a little over 4 months, I still have good knowledge of the mod, features, and Pokemon itself. I also have decently good Minecraft base game knowledge, which can also help players out if they need help with something that isn't Pixelmon related.

What is your discord tag?: Ampharagon#9829

How can you help the server?: I feel that I can help the server by first, cleansing the toxicity from the server (mentioned above), giving help to those who need it, Pokemon, Pixelmon, or Minecraft related. I also want to give back to the server, so I want to also help in anyway I can. I want to show how grateful I am for what this server has given me in my short time of playing.

Other Notes: Thanks for reading this application, I know I may have gone overkill but I wanted to put my all into this application and show that I am willing to be committed to this position. Again, thank you for reading to the end, it means a lot.

Have a good day,
Ampharagon
 #18323  by Ampharagon

I forgot to put it in, but I'd also like to host events such as tournaments, as I feel like it would make the server experience more enjoyable overall.
 #18371  by Jay113355

Hello, Thank you for applying to be staff on limitless.

Unfortunately this application is denied. Feel free to apply again at a later date.

Here are some general tips for what we want from staff in case you want to try applying again later
  • Effort: Put some effort into writing your application, tell us how you think the server could use you or how you would be a great addition to the team.
  • Maturity: No one likes a staff member who is immature or abuses the powers they get from being a staff member. Show us you can be mature here on your app and in-game as well. (We are always watching :geek:)
  • Knowledge: Try to get to know the server and mod better more before becoming staff. Learn our commands and what sets us apart from other servers.
  • Reminder: You have to wait a minimum of 2 weeks before making another app.