Limitless Pixelmon 

• DeadLLC - Staff application

#18450  by DeadLLC

In-Game Username:
DeadLLC

Are you fluent in English?:
I would say so yes, my words are understandable even if I have an accent, my native language is Spanish and one with a pretty big accent at that so I have a bit of a problem with certain words, on the other hand, I think my writing skills have polished over the years, I’m an avid reader and writer, mostly in English so to me, my writing skills are on par with almost any native English speaker, specially those that don’t use time into checking their grammar.

How long have you been a member of Limitless?:
As of starting to write this application, exactly 14 days, I started on the 7th of January.

What Time Zone are you on?
Atlantic Standard Time (GMT-4)

How long are you usually online for per day?:
As long as possible, I’m usually on at least 8 hours, as of now I have 6.46 days played, most of it active, not afk. That’s 6.46/15 days, some days,I’ve been on for 12-14 hours, I’m usually active on the discord’s voice chat all of the time I'm playing, sometimes even more time while I do other things.

What times of the day can you be online?
I know I can be online all morning every day since I have no classes, that means from 9 or 10 a.m till 12-1 p.m, I should also be able to be online from 2 to 6 p.m most days, although, possibly I won’t be able to play some weekends since my family likes to leave town a lot on weekends, I’ll still be active on the discord probably.

Have you ever broke any of the server rules?
As far as I know, no. I can add that I was banned once though, it happened during an investigation of a ban I reported and I got unbanned the same day after the whole ordeal was checked and I applied for it.

Why do you want to be Staff?:

I’ll be honest saying that if I’m playing on any server for a large period of time (which is what I intend to do here), I always end up applying to be a staff member, I’m always helping around, communities have been my pursuit for my whole life, even my studies include being a community manager (as a marketing businessman), it’s kind of my passion, one of the few things I’ve found that actually give me enjoyment, and it’s in human nature to protect their own and the things they love. That’s what I want to do, protect these places that I enjoy so much, I’ve fallen in love with this community really fast, made a few friends in voice chat, met some interesting people and if it’s within my power to help protect everyone’s chance to have fun and meet new people then I will do my best.

Besides what’s being mentioned above, I can’t help myself from answering questions that I see in chat, it’s like having an itch to answer everytime I see a question, I don’t always have the answer and I’ve answered wrong before, even got called out once because of one wrong answer but I keep answering, the more I answer the more I learn too, so it’s fun to do. I’ve had this question asked before: “If you’re already answering without the rank, then why do you want to be staff?” and the answer is simple, I think I’ve earned it, or at least a chance to apply for it, no one can ask for something without even working for it beforehand.

Are you familiar with the servers unique features or commands? If yes, list at least 3 here:

I got curious and decided to look into other applications and I saw the commands people have listed, and most of them don’t sound as unique features or commands, but here’s the ones I think are actually different:
  • /market: it’s just like any auction command, but it’s market instead of /ah so the only difference is in the writing.
  • /back: this might sound weird, but many of the servers on which I have played don’t allow /back, so to me, it’s a unique feature.
  • /pc: As far as I remember this is the first Pixelmon server I’ve seen with this command, maybe there are others that have it, but I haven’t played on them.
  • /rank: Never seen a server that allows you to swap tags, specially not by clicking on chat.
  • /buychunk:Never seen this one either, the most common way I’ve seen is with claimblocks, which are usually gained with time played, having players use money to buy chunks is clever, it makes a funnel to drain some cash out of the economy, keeps things a bit more balanced.
  • /pointshop: even though, I’ve seen this concept before, it’s better than chest keys which is the most common way of rewarding votes, which I don’t agree with, seeing this server use points and by how much people ask about what are pixel points and asking “where are the key chests?” makes me appreciate how unique it is to this server, specially it seems, on Pixelmon.
  • /z: It’s the first time I’ve seen this command, again, I don’t know how common it is, but it’s new to me.
  • /tradeevo: It’s not a command I was familiar with, usually staff had to help people around with trade evolutions, having this command is really handy.
Might I add I’ve also noticed some staff commands, lookup, invsee, vanish, log, ban, kick,ignore claim and from what I’ve gathered there’s a command for resetting chunks I’m not sure if it’s custom command made for the server or if it’s from grief protect.
As for unique features, /rtp costs money after 5 days (I'm not sure about the 5 days, I know it's a feature that it starts costing at some point) which is a nice addition since it stops people from abusing it. There're also staff supported player tourneys, staff/player events, while looking through the #events chat on discord I also found out we have seasonal events, like Halloween events, only certain players can sell pokemons on the market, those with a discontinued rank and those that buy it from the point shop now, and a bunch more of features, but this is long enough already.
What (if any) experience do you have with Pokemon and the Pixelmon mod itself?

A list of the Pokémon games I’ve played, some completed some not:
  • Blue (played this one on an actual gameboy from an older cousin of mine, pretty cool)
  • Fire Red
  • Emerald
  • Platinum
  • Soul Silver
  • Sun (Big leap, I know)

I skipped a few generations and just followed VGC for a while so I didn’t know the names of many pokemons, I do know most of them by now, some still I don’t know because of how similar some names are (Blipbug and Scatterbug, those two I confuse a lot).

On the other hand when it comes to Pixelmon I got to play the first Pixelmon mod, though not for long, I also can’t remember if I played reforged or the original for about a year, unfortunately I can’t remember the name of the server I used to play in, that one closed down so me and a few friends from that server tried making a Pixelmon server of our own, that project didn’t work out, but I did learn a lot about Pixelmon while playing and I’ve been refreshing my memory of how Pixelmon works these past two weeks.

What is your discord tag?:
dead#7582

How can you help the server?:
I’m always up to answering questions from anyone, I’m really active so I can also help to keep chat PG and prevent spamming along with Carl. Also I’m pretty good identifying xrayers and trolls/future trolls. Minecraft and Pokémon are two games that have lots of kids, that means immaturity and constant problems/questions, which I know I can deal with. I’m basically bilingual so I can deal with people that speak more Spanish than English too, even in voice chat if they join.

Other Notes:
I believe there’s a reason why you let us apply with only two weeks playing the game, and I hope you choose me over players that have been here for longer even though they might deserve it more. I appreciate anyone who read this really long application of mine.

Thanks
 #18813  by IAmMyselfBae

Thank you for applying to our staff team;
However, we will be denying your application due to inactivity.

You may reapply in 2 weeks.