Limitless Pixelmon 

• LimitlessMc Poll 1 (updated)

• The latest server announcements from the staff!
The latest server announcements from the staff!

Read below for instructions.

Soft Reset
57%
Hard Reset
43%
 #10498  by Jay113355

Okay guys, so the next pixelmon version is almost upon us so we have a pretty big choice to make.

From what we've found in tests, the world would not safely make the update to 1.10. The world is one year old and corrupted as it is.

So you have 2 choices:
  • We can stay on the 1.8.9 builds and try to keep improving the server as we are. (Stationary)
  • We can update to pixelmon 5.0 and minecraft 1.10 but we would have to lose all progress of the map. (Soft Reset* see below)
  • Fully reset the server to ground 0 and rebuild on 1.10. (Hard Reset)
Soft Reset:
We would delete: The world, Your inventory, and enderchests.
We would NOT delete: Pokemon (in party and computer), Donation perks or items, Money and votes

Hard Reset: Everything.
(donations will be resent however.).

This is a very hard decision to make. All options leave us with losing players. The later 2 options require a ton of work on our part. and option 1 leaves us with a failing world and a possibly unstable pixelmon build.

Please understand, None of us like resetting the map and rebuilding. But after a while the world gets too old used and abused. We cant repair the world at its current state. If we do stay then its still only a matter of time before people lose interest and the world dies anyway.

No matter what your choice, Thanks for making limitless one of the best pixelmon servers - LimitlessMc Staff

UPDATE: We removed the Stationary since clearly people dont want stay as we are.
We decided money will not be reset if sort wins.
 #10499  by AxemRed

Soft reset allows for hoarding of non-deletable items/pokemon and the ability to exploit newer players who are unaware of how the reset is going to work with trading soon-to-be-deleted items like masterballs for pokemon, regardless of how much this is advertised. As much as I know people are begrudging to let their max IV and legendaries go, it's the only fair solution in the long run without having older players have massive advantages over newer players in the new version. But if there's going to be a soft reset, I certainly wouldn't let anyone know what plans to be kept.

Edit: If I wasn't clear, I'm all for hard bb
 #10500  by Pokken

I feel we should have a full reset, but with Pokespawns increased at least for the first month of the map.
 #10502  by OhFlimzy

I think that a hard restart would be overwhelming for people that have recently started like me. It would also be very dramatic and people would quit and it would be hard to get back where you were before.

a Soft reset would be a great choice. we could play with new pokemon and keep are own but looses all of our items. well since we keep pokemon we can make farms and get money agin so it would kind of be like stationary.
I would love to play on new update. also if you don't like the soft restart and rather hard you can ask a admin or something to delete your pokemon or you could just not use old ones. #soft
 #10504  by IamLucario

I feel that a hard reset should also be the case in this situation. My reasoning is that the Pixelmon have enormous control over the economy. It is rather difficult for me to explain my views, but I will do my best to try. Hidden ability Pixelmon are becoming extremely common. It will be hard to judge the proper price for these stronger Pixelmon. As common as they are, their price will more than likely be fairly low. While the map may be new, there will be players with exceptional advantage over other players in both economy an power. For instance, I am a owner of an HA Salamance, among other HA Pixelmon. I know of only 2 other active, current players, besides myself that own this Pixelmon. We could get together and dictate what happens with that Pixelmon, if we so choose, we could make it so that this Pixelmon costs 12 dollars, or 20,000 dollars. It takes away from the starting difficulty to actually have to catch the HA Pixelmon. Also, breeders are a big deal. Breeders would automatically be given priority to become the 1% of the world. They would control 99% of the economy. Again, they would dictate, for at least some part what each Pixelmon will cost. I have very many other reasons I think a hard reset is in order, however I'm having difficulty putting it on paper. If anyone would like to discuss this with me please feel free to PM me here, or in game. I think a big exception to this (witch I know would be time consuming) is that legendary Pixelmon obtained from donating would be kept. While I do think that a hard reset is definitely in order, I fully understand the the technicalities and difficulties of this process and would be more than willing to help in any way.
 #10506  by Pokken

IamLucario wrote:I feel that a hard reset should also be the case in this situation. My reasoning is that the Pixelmon have enormous control over the economy. It is rather difficult for me to explain my views, but I will do my best to try. Hidden ability Pixelmon are becoming extremely common. It will be hard to judge the proper price for these stronger Pixelmon. As common as they are, their price will more than likely be fairly low. While the map may be new, there will be players with exceptional advantage over other players in both economy an power. For instance, I am a owner of an HA Salamance, among other HA Pixelmon. I know of only 2 other active, current players, besides myself that own this Pixelmon. We could get together and dictate what happens with that Pixelmon, if we so choose, we could make it so that this Pixelmon costs 12 dollars, or 20,000 dollars. It takes away from the starting difficulty to actually have to catch the HA Pixelmon. Also, breeders are a big deal. Breeders would automatically be given priority to become the 1% of the world. They would control 99% of the economy. Again, they would dictate, for at least some part what each Pixelmon will cost. I have very many other reasons I think a hard reset is in order, however I'm having difficulty putting it on paper. If anyone would like to discuss this with me please feel free to PM me here, or in game. I think a big exception to this (witch I know would be time consuming) is that legendary Pixelmon obtained from donating would be kept. While I do think that a hard reset is definitely in order, I fully understand the the technicalities and difficulties of this process and would be more than willing to help in any way.
I agree, I literally became a breeder earlier this week and have already made over 10k.... I had never been able to do that with items before.
 #10508  by ZenKitsune

I love my shiny Ho-Oh and flawless Magic Bounce Espeon.. <3
But, I agree the server needs reset, and if we reset it, I feel a clean slate for everyone to be on equal terms would be the best route to go.

#LetsGoHardOrGoHome ;3
 #10509  by Harzuul

My problem with a hard reset is I just donated like 15$ for various things and I would REALLY like to not lose them.